I think I’ve always loved trees more than flowers. The shade they give for perfect picnics or in tree forts or houses; a perfect spot for a swing, the music they create when they meet another element…
Flowers are lovely, but sometimes incredibly hard work to curate, impractical unless wild. Give me a tree, though, and I will always be in love.
…but also a small family of tiny wild rabbits…
When I was young, my sister collected mice figurines, and my mom asked me what I liked and at the time, it was Beatrix Potter and the Velveteen Rabbit, so naturally, I wanted rabbit figurines. (I have them in a box in my living room. I don’t want to keep them, but can’t bear to part with them.
It feels like my childhood wishes are starting to come to life in this field, y’all…I don’t know how to feel about that…I’ll let you know if any ruby slippers appear… Or brought to life Monchichhis.
So this is five random things about you day, known as Truesday, eh?
1. Tuesdays are my Mondays. You know how people feel out of it and hate Monday? Yeah, I have never understood that. I’m cool with Monday. Monday’s just the start, you’ve had a restful two days (or more restful than usual, hopefully) and you’re “on” and everything’s cool and you’ve just had the weekend so you’re not waiting for it, but Tuesday, man… Farthest.day.of.the.week from Saturday. If not physically, mentally.
2. I’m not a big “gardener”. My sister has the green thumb. Me? I can make Crepe Myrtles look pretty… after that, you’re on your own. Not a fan of weeding or putting my hands in dirt. I don’t feel it’s therapeutic. I just feel… dumb because my sister and my mom start spouting off the names of plants and I’m like, “where is the wi-fi and electrical outlet?” *pulls out phone* maybe I can google.. how do you spell….?
3. I’m not a big fan of grass. Never have been. It has always itched me pretty severely.
4. I’m not anti-outdoors, I’m anti-outside-Houston from about mid-June to mid-October. if you’ve ever been in Houston in August or September, you know why.
5. I love having the windows and doors open when the weather is awesome outside like it is now… Wish I had the insect screens, though. But, I soak up the weather as much as possible when it’s awesome and I know a good thing when I feel it. This won’t last, but holy geez, is it heavenly outside. (This may also be contributing to my lack of focus issues… I just want to be outside, taking a nap or reading in a hammock under some trees, while an incredibly sexy man* brings me a picnic lunch full of awesome food and wine and water (with a blanket, because grass…) Is that really too much to ask?)